What is HomeShock Remediation?
This rapid response helps eradicate the micro-organisms, stabilize the home’s biome, and give the occupants time to identify the source and correct it.
HomeShock components incorporate a GWE Proprietary Process that also incorporates industry accepted protocols for remediation and / or is approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The process is customized to accommodate your unique environment and usually involves some combination of the following steps:
Part I - Environmental Cleanse
A modified mold remediation where hidden microbial reservoirs are identified and eradicated as part of a deep cleaning service.
- Trained and certified building biologists / mold expert witness identify microbial reservoirs to be addressed.
- Contents and Smalls are further addressed (as needed / contents are not addressed in the Home Shock treatment).
- Team of eradicators physically clean reservoir(s) and wipe down horizontal and vertical surfaces with biocides.
- Electric blowers and HEPA equipped air scrubbers filter the air during the process where negative air ma / may not be utilized.
- Pre and post conditions validated with use of ATP Machines.
Part III – Microbiome
Not all micro-organisms are bad. Particularly important when dealing with someone who is sensitized to mold or suffering from mold illness where a healthy biome is the goal, not a sterile one.
- GWE will treat the space with probiotics via an ultra-low volume (ULV) fogger
- Test area will be treated first and assessed.
- If looks acceptable, will distribute the probiotics where they will do the most good.
- Process will be further validated with ATP machines
Guarantees and Disclaimers
While there are no guarantees on whether the treatment will be effective in improving the homes IAQ or the occupants health conditions; GWE has experienced good results that last for 10 – 18 months.
When dealing with nuisance odors and biotoxins, it has been GWE’s experience that odors and toxins tend to initially amplify after the treatment. As the bound up material is released from a saturated state from the home (associated with home contents and building materials, etc.), occupants often state they “feel” worse at first where this general malaise often dissipates with use of air purifiers, ventilators and ambient environmental conditions are given time to allow the home environment to re-balance itself.
Frequently Asked Questions
After using the SteraMist Environment System, we deem rooms to be safe for re-entrance within a matter of minutes. An entire room can be effectively cleaned and treated in under 45 minutes. That includes both application time and contact time.
SteraMist uses no toxic byproducts and is thoroughly tested and approved by the EPA. It leaves no dangerous residue behind and requires less than an hour to work fully.
No - SteraMist cleaning does not harm high-touch sensitive equipment or electronics. That means it is safe to use in hospitals, offices, schools, and other areas full of electronic devices.
SteraMist deodorizes the area by killing odor-causing bacteria. It will not leave behind any foul-smelling or harmful odors.
Six-Log kills 99.9999% of all microorganisms.