Microbial Disinfection / Decontamination Service
Whether you have lived in your home your entire life, are considering remodeling your home, or are looking for a new place to settle down in; assessing your home\'s environment can be confusing! There is so much information out there how is anyone supposed to be able to figure out what is best for their unique home environment and their family\'s specific needs. Having GreenWorks conduct a comprehensive Environmental Site Consultation is critical to helping you get the answers and peace of mind you are looking for!
Healthy Homes Make For Healthy Families
Let\'s face it, we all want a healthy home and know that a healthy home environment makes for healthy families. There are so many issues in a home that have the potential to affect our health, we just can\'t get all the information on our own. In fact, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) states that a home\'s Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) can be some of the most polluted air we breathe.
The GreenWorks team is comprised of a broad array of environmental professionals experienced in a wide variety of environmental services. Our Building Biologists are uniquely qualified to assess and correct compromised environments. In fact, we live at the cutting edge of where the home environment collides with the natural environment
Additional Fees (That May Be Incurred)
Occasionally there are additional fees in completing a comprehensive ESC. Here\'s a list of typical charges that we will let you know of before they are incurred (if at all).
Sampling for enviro stressors
(Cost per Sample / 2 week TAT)
Investigative time beyond 2hr allotment
Printed copies of Report
(All reports are sent digitally)
Postage, Tolls, Mileage
Postage, Tolls, Mileage, etc.
(As outlined in proposal T&C)
Out of Scope reports
Asbestos / Lead Paint / Mold / Hydrology / etc.
For accelerated delivery of the report, samples, etc.
Certified Green Professional and Indoor airPLUS Program
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) created the Certified Green Building Program and the EPA created the Indoor airPLUS Program to help builders, allied professionals, and homeowners get information on improving a home\'s IAQ and energy efficiency. GreenWorks is a certified Green Professional and Indoor airPLUS Ally!
Standard Pricing (Surface Disinfection via SteraMist • 9-5 / M-F )
Mobilization / De-Mobilization (MoDeMo)
$1,950 /per facility
- Involves mobilization efforts to get up to two vehicles loaded, to the site, unloaded and decontamination of all equipment used on any particular project.
Primary Decon (Fog) - High Contact / High Touch Areas
$0.25 - $0.50 /SF
- Treatment of desk top, chair arms / backs, key boards, door knobs, bathroom sinks / seats via hand treatment of SteraMist Ionized Hydrogen Peroxide (IHP) fog. Note: Meant to supplement current custodial programs (no wiping involved).
Spray & Wipe - High Contact, Touch and Traffic Areas
$0.6 - $1.50 /SF
- Treatment of desk top, chair arms / backs, key boards, door knob areas, production stations, assembly areas, bathroom sinks / seats, caferteria / break rooms (tables / chairs) along with HEPA vacuuming of High Traffic Areas done concurrently with SteraMist Treament iHP fog.
Surface Coatings - Biological / Chemical
$0.15 - $0.25 /SF
- Applied after cleaning and dissinfection services, surface coatings can extend the life of the disinfected surface for up to 30-60 days ± and ensures disinfected areas in-between routine cleanings. Price depends on Biological agent or Chemical.
Total Facility Decon - Fog & Dwell (w/8 ft high ceilings)
$0.75 / SF
Office / Admin
$1.00 / SF
$1.25 / SF
Schools / Government
Critical / BSL / Res
Included w/above services - All Worker Personal Protective Equipment (PPE / Tyvek suits, nitrile gloves, booties, N-95 respirators, goggles, etc), Biocides, Training, Liability, Vehicle Charges, Tolls, Parking, Saturation Testing Confirmation, Debris Disposal, Fans & Air Scrubbers (including filters, ducts, etc.), Containment System (tapes, poles, spreaders, zippers, etc.), Open All Cabinets, Egress Tack Pads, etc.*
*Saturation Testing - Provided. Biological Indicator Strip add $1,295. TAT=2wks Geobacillus stearothermophilus (GST) for validation, accepted as "Gold Standard".
Additional Services: Hourly / Additional Rates Apply (See Below)
- Contents Wipe Down (by hand) (T&M) Furniture Interiors Treatment
- HEPA Vacuuming (beyond HTA\'s) Plenum / Interstitial Spaces ($/sf)
- Labs / Operating Rooms / Critical Areas HVAC / Duct Work Decon
- Contents Management (T&M) Inspection / Clearance Report
- Warehouse High Contents ($/sf) Airline Planes / Infrastrctr (Quote)
- Surface Coatings (Chem / Biolo) $0.25/sf Fleet Srvcs - Cars, Buses, Boats
Note: Manhattan (and surrounding 5 boros / Long Island) services have special needs and will have city surchages applied (add 25-50% to above rates).
Fleet / Ambulatory Services
Standard Pricing (Surface Disinfection via SteraMist • 9-5 / M-F )
Treatment of individual vehicles or fleet services to supplement current vehicle detailing efforts. Services provided at Customers facility where coordinating “Vehicle Decon Day” gives a facility the best pricing.
Mobilization / Demobilization (MoDeMo) • 50 Mile
$695 (per crew / facility)
- Involves mobilization efforts of one vehicle loaded, to the site, unloaded, setup/take-down, decontamination of all equipment used on any particular project and demobilize from site.
Vehicle Decontamination Treatment
$395 /hr (per facility)
- Disifection spray application via steramist (per manufacturers labeled instructions) and HEPA vacuum. Note: Client to provide all replacement air filters.
Surface Coatings – Biological / Chemical
$95 - $195 (per vehicle)
- Application of a microbial coating (Probiotic) or chemical treatment to extend life of disinfaction from 30-60 days.
Special Fleet Vehicles (Quoted Separately)
The following vehicles are often specialized and need to be quoted separately:
DISCLAIMER: Routine janitorial cleaning procedures are the first step in providing for good facility hygiene. Supplemental disinfection / decontamination efforts are the next step in the facility hygiene process. This in no way offers any guarantee that the occupants will be protected from environmental illness. While some surface Coatings offer extended disinfection protection, the reality is that facility hygiene is a moving target and must be continually monitored and its cleanliness maintained. GWE has no control over occupant exposure nor the overall health of occupants.
Standard & Overtime / Weekend Hourly Rates
|Tech / Sr / Super||$80 / 120 / 160||$120 / 180 / 240||Add 25%|
|Mobilize / Demobilize||$1,950||$2,925|
Steramist Facts & Industry Acceptance
Occupancy Note – Spaces treated with SteraMist Binary Ionization Technology (BIT) utilize a 7.8% H2O2 sole ingredient mixture which is classified as an “irritant”. Re-Occupancy of treated areas is typically less than an hour after treatment is completed.
Ionized Hydrogen Peroxide (iHP)
Binary Ionization Technology (BIT), a patented two-step process that activates and ionizes a 7.8% Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) sole active ingredient based solution into a fine mist/fog known as ionized Hydrogen Peroxide (iHP). Unlike many of TOMI's competitors, Hydrogen Peroxide is not the efficient kill, instead the proper application and decontamination of iHP contains a high concentration of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS), consisting mostly of hydroxyl radicals (OH) is the killing agent. OH are one of the most powerful oxidizing agents in nature, and during TOMI’s iHP process, kills bacteria and fungal spores and inactivates viral cells by destroying their proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids. This leads to the cellular disruption and/or dysfunction allowing for the quick decontamination of targeted areas, objects and large spaces.
The uniqueness of TOMI's Plasma Science technology is that it takes an OH, previously known to only live milliseconds and transfers it from "point A to point B" in the area or space expecting an efficient decontamination. Keeping the OH active, resulting in the destruction of the cell wall of bacterial spores within seconds.
Cold Plasma Science
The atmospheric cold plasma arc converts the H2O2 molecules into ROS, mainly the OH. While a large percentage of the H2O2 is converted, some escapes the arc and is present in the ambient air. The small escaping amount of H2O2 in the ambient environment being treated with SteraMist makes it possible to “smell the clean”, but the plasma science behind the TOMI SteraMist technology and sprayers may allow for a six log kill to the area/space being decontaminated- innovating for a safer world.
FAQ’s and General Information
Registered with EPA (List “N”) and US FDA for both the solution and the technology to treat non-enveloped viruses (like Coronavirus)
SteraMist requires a 120v AC / 5A receptacle/device. Location of breaker box is to be made known along with chart for breaker locations.
Yes, fire alarms need to be turned off, suspended/put in “test mode”.
Note: BSL2 level facilities (or higher) will have other sensitive equipment that needs to be addressed individually.
25 ml / min / applicator, .5 ml / ft³ • 3,500 ft³ /1.50hrs
3,500 ft³ or 4,300 SF /1.50hrs
Only treats areas that can be touched by the ionized H²O² fog. Areas that require special treatment include: Ceiling Plenum, Interstitial Spaces, HVAC ducts, Exhaust Hoods, Large Open Air Atriums, etc.
Yes, a Certified SteraMist Technician and Project Manager needs to be trained by TOMI and are required to run the SteraMist equipment.
Surface treatments confirmed w/ATP machine / Enzymatic Pen / H²O² Strips. Room H²O² saturation is confirmed w/Photo Ionic Detectors (PID). Disinfection / Decontamination is validated via Biological Spore Strip (2 wks TAT).
The application is very gentle and requires no rinse or wipe. But there have been instances where poly-floor paint and surfaces treated with oil-paint have “bubbled up” and some plants have died (Avocado Tree). Application technicians have also noticed their hair gets distinct “highlights” from exposure to the H²O² mist.
Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
Basic SOP for application of microbial decontamination services. Individual adjustments will be applied based upon the specific needs of the facility.
- Facility Cleansing Protocol – Provide GWE copy of the Heath and Safety / Janitorial protocol. Stermist treatment is meant to supplement existing protocols.
- Fire Alarm / Security System – Fire alarm off & security system addressed.
- People, Plants & Pets – Remove from areas to be treated
- HVAC System – Turned off and duct openings (Supply & Return) sealed as needed to contain the space. Not needed if the entire area is being treated.
- Containment – Erect containment via pole system and plastic (as needed)
- Plenum / Interstitial Space – Assess for impacts, treatment not part of SOP
- Scope of Work – Confirm to ensure all is being addressed as needed.
- Set-Up Equipment – Set-Up Steramist system with applicator gun placement
- Set-Up Testing – Adhere H2O2 indicator or biological spore strips to the treatment area (if validation is required).
- Closed Areas Addressed – Treatment only effective if the surface exposed. Filing cabinets are often a High Contact Area that is often closed and shielded from the SteraMist cleansing mist. Hand treatment of these cabinets is often needed.
- Program BIT Computer – Input critical treatment area measurements & run program. Troubleshoot as needed.
- Check Levels – Check hydrogen peroxide levels to ensure saturation.
- Dwell Time – Let treated area dwell ensuring mortality goals achieved (15 min)
- Air Scrubbers – Ensure air scrubbers/fans auto engage to vent space.
- Occupy Space – Check peroxide levels to ensure sufficiently reduced.
- Reoccupy Space – Remove containment/equipment. Space safe to reoccupy.