Wall Township, NJ
Victor and the team at Greenworks saved our retirement! We had just built our new beach house and were excited to spend our first summer enjoying the beach. We started to notice a faint odor on the first floor which would get worse on hot days. Being our family has allergies and asthma we wanted to find out what was causing it. We searched around and found Greenworks who promptly came out for an assessment. Victor and the team did a thorough job in determining the issue which was in the crawl space and first floor and presenting us options on how to rectify it.
We contacted our builder who outright dismissed the notion that there was a mold type issue from when he built the house, but it was clear that the crawl space was wet from all the insulation getting wet during the building process. Then our flooring (high-end vinyl planks) had trapped the moisture in the subfloor and bacteria was growing.
We trusted Victor and moved ahead with the first step to address the issue, which was to seal the crawl space and install a few dehumidifiers to keep the humidity out of the area. We knew this may not fully correct the issue if the actual backing of the flooring was too damaged, but it was the first step that would have to be done anyway. While it helped, it did not completely cure the issue.
Being the house was brand new, we wanted to completely take care of this issue. The next step was to have the flooring removed on the first floor and have the subfloors cleaned and sealed. When the floors were pulled up it was clear that the organisms causing the issue were embedded on the vinyl floor backing. This step cured the issue.
However, just to be sure, we waited the second entire summer season and absolutely no odor is present.
It is always intimidating to have expensive work done on a brand new house in an area you know nothing about, such as these types of environmental issues. Victor worked with us and we took remediation in steps so we could stop at anytime the issue was fixed. We did not have to sign up to have everything done all at once. Victor would spend hours explaining to us what was going on, show us test results and pictures and we knew we were in good hands. If it wasn’t for Greenworks we would not be enjoying our retirement in our new beach home! Additionally, our beach home became a haven for our son who has asthma when he moved out of NYC during COVID. He was able to stay in our mold-free home and be perfectly healthy for over 15 months. This would not have been possible if we didn’t have Greenworks make our home healthy and safe. Worth every penny!